Saturday 7 June 2014

This week

It's been a gentle week, I'd say that it was the calm before the storm, but considering how hectic May was, I think it's more like the eye of the storm. Here's some of what happened:

- I had a trip to London to pay homage to baby Molly (and chat with Hannah!), and managed to fit in supper with Nim and Higlary, and a fun morning to myself mooching round Borough Market (and making purchases that will only fuel the kids' love of spanish cured meat), and then Tate Modern.

I may have spent more time in the bookshop than in the galleries!

- I decided that just running increasingly long distances was getting a little silly, and bemused Thea by taking her up and down the hill to the Moor as fast as I could. She scooted, I ran. Except I went fast on the way up and she went fast on the way down. All very silly!

- The rain eventually stopped and Nathaniel recreated a PE lesson for me and Thea, teaching us tennis skills. It was actually rather fun!

- Ian and I rehearsed for our show at the Theatre Royal in a couple of weeks, and Ian (who is joining in with the storytelling), has been learning lines frantically!

- It's my favourite time of the year to be on the Moor - the butter cups are everywhere, so Dorothea and I have done much scooting! We collected elderflowers and put them in for campagning, but they got left too long and started to go mouldy! We're hoping for a bit of sun tomorrow so that we can try again.

- School has restarted again, and so has exhaustion, which sometimes leads to quiet snacks in the sun. They sat on the trampoline and read. I lay on a rug and read. And we all ate tasty ice lollies made from French cherry sirop!

- And a little boy who has worked hard in preparation for his music concert (in which he will play two different recorders!), sucessfully negotiated cupcakes.

Next week it all kicks off again......

No comments: