Tuesday 20 October 2009

Reading

I have already mentioned that Nathaniel is rather fond of books. But his obsession has been taken to a new level with the era of The Very Busy Spider. When you get to the last page, you turn back to the beginning and start all over again. And again. And again. And again.

I didn't think that anything could top his enthusiasm for Andy Wharhol's Colours but it seems that I was wrong!

On the other end of the scale, Ian has managed to totally freak him out with I Don't Bite. At the end of this perfectly pleasant Rod Campbell book, there is a pop out crocodile who snaps your fingers. However, it seems that there has been one snap too many, and now just a glance at the cover sends Nathaniel backing away from it. Opening the book results in tears. I never realised that a book could be so scary.

Needless to say, the proper "scary" books are just really good fun. Here he is enjoying the Scary Sid book:

No comments: